Tuesday 26 November 2013

Digipak // first draft



This is the first draft for my six panel digipak. I decided to include the story of the rabbit head mask, and why it is linked towards Scott Garcia. This is to give the fans a better insight into Scott Garcia's life, and also to try and remove the confusion of the rabbit being the artist and not Scott, as I was advised by my teacher that people may think the rabbit is the artist.

When showing this too my teacher, I received positive feedback, with some minor changes. I was advised to remove Scott Garcia from the front cover, and just have the rabbit, as dance music genre artists tend to not feature on the front cover. It should be noted that in our audience research, people did say appearance is important, thus why adding Garcia onto the album, but with the rabbit head faded in the background to not make it heavily focused on his looks. I'm concerned that if I do remove Garcia from the front cover, people will believe the rabbit is the artist, so I have not fully decided whether to remove him or not. If I am to remove him, I will place more images of him inside the digipak.

Overall, I'm very pleased with the first draft and its outcome. I feel like this is a good step in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment